Dates: 1913 – 1985
Bushey Studios?were a?British?film studio?located in Melbourne Road,?Bushey,?Hertfordshire?which operated between 1913 and 1985.?The studios were built by the film enthusiast?Hubert von Herkomer?in the grounds of his?country house,?Lululaund?.?They gradually took on a more professional air and in 1915 they were acquired by the?British Actors Film Company?for use as their principal production base. After the company ran into problems, the studio was closed during much of the 1920s. During the 1930s film boom it was re-opened and used to produce a number of?quota quickies.
After the?Second World War, the studios were used intermittently – generally to produce low-budget films such as the?Tod Slaughter?vehicle?The Greed of William Hart?(1948). It went on to produce documentaries and sex comedies before its closure. At the time of its closure it was the oldest operational film studio in the world.
Productions shot at Bushey Studios
Feature Film (6)
|Johnny on the Spot||1954||Maclean Rogers|
|King of the Underworld||1952||Victor M. Gover|
|Murder at Scotland Yard||1952||Victor M. Gover|
|The Greed of William Hart (aka Horror Maniacs)||1948||Oswald Mitchell|
|Black Memory||1947||Oswald Mitchell|
|The Curse of the Wraydons||1946||Victor M. Gover|